Simplify password authentication with single sign-on technology.
While password authentication is a common strategy for controlling access to applications, it can be a headache for both IT departments and end-users. As security policy requires that applications use unique passwords that must be changed frequently, end-users need to keep track of many passwords. Ultimately, these passwords end up being written on sticky notes and left on the sides of monitors or under keyboards-- effectively canceling the very security password authentication is meant to provide. Single sign-on (SSO) authentication offers a solution by enabling users to gain access to authorized applications after signing in once. However, some SSO solutions require costly modification to application code, or directories and inconvenient changes to end-user workflow. For a password authentication SSO solution that is easy to implement and use, consider OneSign Single Sign-On from Imprivata.
Imprivata makes password authentication simple, affordable, and secure.
Imprivata OneSign is an appliance-based secure authentication and access management solution that is changing the way companies secure their data. Imprivata OneSign Single Sign-On is a password authentication and management solution that is easy to deploy and use - OneSign streamlines authentication without requiring scripting, code changes, modifications to directories, or changes to end- user workflow. End -users can sign-on once and get access to all applications for which they are authorized . For IT, OneSign is easy to implement, there are minimal infrastructure changes needed, and OneSign can profile ALL types of applications - Web, Java, client/server, and legacy applications.
Support for password compliance reporting and strong authentication
OneSign gives organizations a variety of powerful tools for password authentication, including:
- Automated password generation and changes, including the ability to generate strong random passwords on behalf of end-users.
- Self-service password reset - enabling users to securely reset their own passwords.
- Password authentication policy implementation.
- Built-in support for strong authentication options such as fingerprint biometrics, smart cards. proximity cards, USB tokens, and more.
- Pre-built and customized reports that track password authentication and access and provide data on who accessed what, how, when, and from where
- Audit logs of access and password change activity, delivering the information IT departments need to enhance and enforce compliance across the enterprise.
- Support for end-user workflow including shared workstations and fast user switching.