Imprivata Support for Epic
As an Epic-approved, third-party vendor, Imprivata has extensive experience integrating our No Click Access™ capabilities in Epic EMR implementations. With seamless integration of Imprivata OneSign® solutions, Epic applications are instantly accessible with a tap of the user’s badge or swipe of a fingerprint. For Epic users, this automated authentication and access eliminates password hassles, streamlines clinical workflows, and simplifies compliance with Meaningful Use requirements.
To ensure smooth, fast, and effective Epic EMR integrations, we developed the Imprivata OneSign® Connector for Epic. This tool leverages Epic's authentication API to add Imprivata’s capabilities seamlessly to Epic systems. For clinicians, this means faster and easier application log-on and log-off, and more efficient processing and signing of documentation, orders, and prescriptions. This programmatic integration also simplifies Epic deployments and maintenance.
The OneSign Connector for Epic makes it easy for hospital IT teams to enhance their Epic deployments across a range of implementation scenarios, including:
- Epic only: Optimized for environments where only Epic applications are used on workstations, such as those in patient examination rooms.
- Mixed environments: Enables fast and easy single sign-on for workstations where applications and systems from multiple vendors are used by clinicians and other staff. Care providers sign in and out of their applications without ever seeing a login screen.
- Secure signing: Facilitates broader adoption and use of computerized physician order entry (CPOE) in Epic environments.
- Epic 2012 support: The OneSign Connector for Epic now includes support for Epic 2012.
Imprivata has the knowledge, hands-on experience, and customized tools that hospital IT teams can rely on to ensure that their Epic implementations are tailored to meet the specific needs of their clinicians and their organizations.
The Imprivata Difference
Imprivata OneSign supports a broad range of authentication modalities and technology infrastructures. It enhances care delivery optimizing clinical workflows, enabling fast, secure access to patient information and increasing your Epic utilization.
As the leader in secure access and collaboration for healthcare, Imprivata has received recognition from leading industry publications and analysts, including:
- American Hospital Association exclusive endorsement
- Rated #1 in KLAS SSO Report “To Identity Management and Beyond” (December 2010)
- Strong Positive Rating in Gartner's 2011 Marketscope