Imprivata and MEDITECH
"Patient care and safety is the number one — and only — priority for our doctors and nurses. The technology solutions we deliver must improve their workflow — not slow them down with multiple passwords. We took that into consideration when planning for Meaningful Use and implemented Imprivata OneSign with proximity cards for No Click Access to patient records. I don't know how an organization can get to full EMR adoption without Imprivata."
— Ray Moss
Vice President and Chief Information Officer
Valley Presbyterian Hospital
Van Nuys, CA
Since 2005, Imprivata has collaborated with Forward Advantage, an interoperability partner of MEDITECH. This alliance has resulted in more than 100 joint customers, including Ashe Memorial Hospital, Beaufort Memorial Hospital, Boulder Community Hospital, Memorial Healthcare, Mount Nittany Medical Center, Noyes Memorial Hospital, Skagit Valley Hospital, and Parkview Adventist Medical Center.
Forward Advantage resells Imprivata OneSign® as im-one to provide seamless integration of OneSign into several areas of MEDITECH. All integrations work with client/server and MAGIC versions 3.x through 5.x as well as MEDITECH 6.0, including:
- Single Sign-On API-level integration for single sign-on. Care providers simply tap a badge or swipe a fingerprint to be brought into MEDITECH. They don't even see the MEDITECH login screen.
- Signing: Forward Advantage has integrated the signing of medication orders and prescriptions within MEDITECH via the Imprivata OneSign ProveID™ API. This is especially helpful in Ohio, with its strong authentication requirements for medication orders, administration and dispensing.
- Graceful Exit: With this option, records won't get locked if care providers log off workstations without logging out of MEDITECH. Graceful Exit does it for them.
The Imprivata Difference
Imprivata OneSign supports a broad range of authentication modalities and technology infrastructures. It enhances care delivery optimizing clinical workflows, enabling fast, secure access to patient information and increasing your MEDITECH utilization.
As the leader in secure access and collaboration for healthcare, Imprivata has received recognition from leading industry publications and analysts, including:
- American Hospital Association exclusive endorsement
- Rated #1 in KLAS SSO Report “To Identity Management and Beyond” (December 2010)
- Strong Positive Rating in Gartner's 2011 Marketscope