Imprivata OneSign Anywhere® supports BYOD initiatives and gives physicians fast, secure access to patient information from anywhere, on any device — home personal computer, office computer or iPad. Strong authentication and application single sign-on (SSO) ensure care providers can securely access protected health information from a variety of devices. OneSign Anywhere gives IT the tools they need to support BYOD--allowing physicians to use their own personal devices for hospital system access.
OneSign Anywhere combines with Imprivata OneSign®Authentication Management and Imprivata OneSign® Single Sign-On to deliver a single vendor solution for all internal and external authentication and application access.
Why it matters
Adoption of iPads continues to increase among physicians leaving IT no choice but to support BYOD. Updated patient information can become available at any time. Physicians need fast, secure access to their patient charts from anywhere and they want it on the device that is most convenient to them. OneSign Anywhere enhances care delivery allowing physicians to securely check patient results from their office computer, enter orders from home or review the most up-to-date patient information on their iPad.
OneSign Anywhere ensures the same SSO experience whether the physician is in the hospital or remote on their home computer or on their iPad. And IT can now easily support BYOD while maintaining one place to manage all passwords and compliance reporting.
How it works
OneSign Anywhere is a secure appliance that gives full strong authentication and SSO capabilities to care providers on unmanaged devices at remote locations or within the hospital—allowing IT to support BYOD and easily secure personal devices physicians want to use while in the hospital. An Internet connection and Web browser are all they need to obtain authenticated SSO access to all applications. And unlike many other solutions, there's no need to download or install software.
- Offers IT a way to support BYOD initiatives in the same way they support and manage access within the hospital—all while meeting the needs of physicians.
- Provides a single credential store, centralized user and policy management and a single audit trail for in-hospital and remote access
- Supports many strong authentication options, including hardware and soft tokens along with strong out-of-band authentication via PhoneFactor
- Makes certain that only trusted users can access information and applications
- Ensures adherence to existing access and authorization policies
- Reduces the risk of data breaches by making sure no information is left on endpoint devices
- Automatically checks devices to verify security measures are up-to-date