Single Sign-On (SSO) - Imprivata OneSign
What is Single Sign-On
Imprivata OneSign® Single Sign-On (SSO) simplifies application log in and log out, automating username and password entry for authenticated users. Proven in healthcare environments around the world, OneSign Single Sign-On can be used with all types of clinical, financial and administrative applications, saving care providers significant time, improving satisfaction and driving EMR adoption. Combine single sign-on (SSO) with authentication management to enable No Click Access® to desktops and applications.
Why SSO matters
OneSign Single Sign-On saves care providers clicks. Since they don't have to remember and enter application usernames and passwords, care providers can focus on patients rather than being distracted by technology. Workflows are optimized, enabling faster access to patient information and enhancing care delivery. And passwords become centrally managed, simplifying HIPAA and HITECH compliance without impacting care providers or IT staff.
How SSO works
Applications can be SSO enabled in minutes through the powerful OneSign Application Profile Generator without the need for external consultants. Once a profile is created, it is centrally deployed to users and groups, easily enabling applications for SSO.
OneSign Single Sign-On is used extensively in clinical environments by more than 1300 customers and 2 million care providers. It includes many features designed to optimize clinical workflows, including:
- Auto-launch applications further eliminates unnecessary clicks and wait times.
- "Hot" applications allow a new user to be signed into an application without requiring it to be shut down and re-launched. As a result, applications and information become available faster.
- Fade to Lock gradually obscures workstation screen when inactive, warning the clinician that the screen will lock shortly. A nudge of the mouse reopens the screen saving clinicians’ time and avoiding workflow disruptions. Display of the user’s name on the privacy screen helps avoid charting under the wrong ID.
- Fast user switching keeps applications or Citrix sessions running in shared workstation environments after the user has logged off. This minimizes wait time as the next user logs in and deters credential sharing.
- SSO to applications in virtualized environments including Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop, VMware ThinApp, VMware View, Microsoft App-V and Microsoft Remote Desktop Services.
Single Sign-On Resources
20 Practical Tips on Single Sign-On
For a successful Single Sign-On deployment you need expert advice - not from a vendor - but from actual peers who have deployed SSO and authentication. So we asked our customers what advice they'd give to other IT executives contemplating Single Sign-On.
Evaluation Tool for SSO Vendors
Are you considering implementing a Single Sign-On solution? The Imprivata SSO Vendor Evaluation Checklist is designed to help you select the solution that best matches your organization’s needs and priorities. It incorporates customer learnings from thousands of successful SSO deployments.
Request a Demo
Request a demonstration and learn more about Imprivata OneSign.