Two Factor Authentication
Greater Data Security
As enterprises work to secure data to meet the demands of regulatory compliance, two factor authentication has become a critical approach to managing enterprise security risk. Two factor authentication requires two different factors in order to authenticate a user. Factors may consist of:
- Something you know - a password, for example.
- Something you are - a physical characteristic such as a fingerprint, handprint, voice print or eye pattern.
- Something you have - typically a token, ID card or pass card.
Deploying an authentication solution can be costly and complex, but the right infrastructure can simplify management and quickly ensure that you are getting return for your investment by enabling more productive users and eliminating security risk. For companies seeking a powerful but affordable solution for deploying two factor authentication, Imprivata offers OneSign® Authentication Management.
Easy-to-Use Support for Two Factor Authentication
Imprivata OneSign Authentication Management is an appliance-based solution for managing authentication technology. The OneSign appliance reduces the cost and complexity of identity access management right out of the box - OneSign installs quickly and is easy to use, providing a single framework for managing a range of two factor authentication types. Purpose-built for flexible and rapid deployment, OneSign dramatically reduces implementation time and installation costs. With OneSign you can deploy a broad range of plug-and-play options so your users can quickly access the data they need to do their jobs more efficiently, such as:
- One-Time-Password (OTP) tokens - including built-in management support for VASCO® DIGIPASS®
- Smart cards
- Biometric authentication technology - including both UPEK and Authentec fingerprint biometric devices
- Building access cards
- USB tokens
- Proximity cards
OneSign also enables reporting on all access events for more easy regulatory compliance. By providing consolidated and standardized real-time reporting options, OneSign delivers push-of-a-button alerts and reports so you can quickly respond to audit inquiries, producing aggregated reports on how, when and from where users accessed their desktop, the network and individual applications.
The Solution for Two Factor Authentication
The OneSign Platform includes identity management solutions that can be used individually or together. OneSign enables you to:
- Enable single sign on (SSO). With Imprivata OneSign® Single Sign-On you can enable all applications for enterprise SSO. OneSign SSO simplifies single sign on security by reducing the cost of implementation and management, streamlining reporting and automating many redundant and routine tasks.
Two Factor Authentication Resources
How to Choose the Right Authentication Method
Get an evaluation tool designed to weigh the pros and cons of multiple strong authentication device solutions that are compatible with Imprivata OneSign® and best match the method with users' roles, needs and relative security risks
Enterprise SSO & Strong Authentication: A More Secure Front Door
This whitepaper explains which forms of Strong Authentication are best; lays out considerations for evaluating Strong Authentication; and explores issues and trade-offs when deploying Strong Authentication.
Request a Demo
Request a demonstration and learn more about Imprivata OneSign.
- More Solutions
- Enterprise SSO
- Fingerprint Biometrics
- Healthcare Access Management
- Healthcare Single Sign-On
- HIPAA Compliance
- Single Sign-On Software
- Single Sign-On Active Directory
- Single Sign-On Server
- Strong Authentication