Imprivata PatientSecure is a positive patient identification platform that creates a 1:1 match between individual patients and their unique medical records, accurately retrieving patients' digital health records using biometric identification across all points of care. Imprivata PatientSecure integrates directly with a healthcare facility's EMR, ADT, EMPI, and other HIS systems. This improves patient identification by:
- Preventing medical errors and adverse events from misidentification
- Reducing duplicate medical records and overlays
- Preventing medical identity theft and insurance fraud
Imprivata enables hospitals to positively identify patients through a variety of biometric options such as:
- Palm-vein biometric identification – Palm-vein scanning can be used in any workflow including non-responsive patient identification. The solution can also be taken mobile on WOWs and tablets for bedside registration as well as other points of care.
- Iris biometric identification – Iris scanning offers a touchless patient identification solution while also enabling single-step photo capture at the time of biometric enrollment