E-prescribing for controlled substances: What you need to know to meet DEA requirements and drive provider adoption
- Date: November 06, 2018
- Time: 7:00pm
Time: 2:00pm-2:30pm ET
Electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) can help deliver a number of significant benefits to providers and patients, but to enable EPCS, organizations must meet a number of DEA requirements. These requirements are designed to track and audit the connection between practitioners and the signatures they use for EPCS orders, including provider identity proofing, logical access control, two-factor authentication, and various reporting requirements. It is important to note that traditional token solutions are not sufficient to meet the DEA requirements for EPCS.
Understanding these requirements is essential to ensuring a fully compliant EPCS process. At the same time, it is important to consider the impact to clinical workflow when making key decisions throughout the EPCS initiative.
Join this webinar to learn:
- The benefits of moving to EPCS
- The full DEA requirements
- Common misconceptions about EPCS and how to avoid them
- Considerations when selecting a solution, particularly around two-factor authentication for healthcare
- Measurable results other organizations have achieved through successful EPCS implementations
Click Here to register.