Enabling EPCS remotely: How Renown Health stays compliant and keeps patients and providers safe
- Date: June 22, 2020 11:30am–June 23, 2020 11:50am
Electronic prescribing for controlled substances (EPCS) eliminates paper prescriptions, helping patients and providers adhere to social distancing policies by reducing the need for in-person visits.
But to enable EPCS, organizations must meet unique and specific DEA requirements, which has become particularly challenging in today’s environment. For example, identity proofing providers, enrolling credentials, and using two-factor authentication to sign orders must be adapted for remote scenarios.
In this webinar, Dr. Patrick Woodard, CMIO of Renown Health, will discuss his organization’s approach to implementing EPCS, including details about the key policy, process, and technology decisions that Renown Health made to successfully enable EPCS.
Join this webinar to learn:
- Benefits of EPCS to patients and providers
- How to complete remote identity proofing for EPCS
- Best practices for meeting DEA requirements for EPCS, particularly in the time of Covid-19
- The latest EPCS state and federal regulatory landscape, which includes more than 25 state mandates and the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act