How to meet DEA requirements and drive provider adoption for EPCS
- Date: September 13, 2017
- Time: 8:00pm
Time: 2:00PM ET (11:00AM PT)
Electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) improves prescribing workflow efficiency, increases provider and patient satisfaction, and gives healthcare a powerful tool in the fight against America's opioid abuse epidemic.
In fact, six states have already passed mandates requiring EPCS, and recently a federal bill was introduced in Congress that would mandate EPCS nationally. In order to enable EPCS, however, organizations must meet a number of DEA requirements. These requirements are designed to track and audit the connection between practitioners and the signatures they use for EPCS orders. They include provider identity proofing, logical access control, two-factor authentication, and various reporting requirements.
Understanding these requirements is essential to ensuring a fully compliant EPCS process. At the same time, it is important to consider the impact to clinical workflows when making key decisions throughout the EPCS initiative.
Join this webinar to learn:
- The benefits of moving to EPCS
- The full DEA requirements
- Common misconceptions about EPCS and how to avoid them
- Considerations when selecting a solution, particularly around two-factor authentication
- Measurable results other organizations have achieved through successful EPCS implementations
To register click here.