Single sign on technology solves password challenges
Passwords can be a nightmare for users. The average user has 12 - 15 application passwords that often change frequently in order to comply with password policy. To keep track of multiple passwords users often record passwords on scraps of paper left at the work station - diminishing the security that passwords are meant to ensure.
Single sign on technology promises to address password problems, improve productivity and reduce cost by giving users access to all applications after signing into the network just once. But some single sign on technologies don't live up to their promises - too often single sign on technology is expensive to buy and complex to deploy and manage. For single sign on technology that is non-intrustive, affordable and easy to manage, organizations the world over are turning to Imprivata.
Imprivata - single sign on technology ends password nightmares
Imprivata OneSign® Single Sign-On provides technology that is easy to implement, simple to use and highly effective at minimizing the administrative burden of using and managing passwords. OneSign is an appliance-based approach with no additional hardware or software to buy, install or manage - to ensure quick deployment. OneSign is non-intrusive as it requires no scripting, code changes, directory modifications or inconvenient workflow changes.
With OneSign Single Sign-On technology you can:
- Automate password management. OneSign can change passwords automatically in the background when set in policy by the administrator.
- Simplify compliance reporting. OneSign's pre-built and customized reports allow administrators to easily trace, track, and report on Single Sign-On password access history, password sharing, and more.
- Support strong authentication options. OneSign has built-in support for a range of strong authentication options that include biometrics, smart cards, tokens, proximity cards, and more.
- Implement self-service password reset. Users can reset their own passwords, thus reducing the cost of IT help desk calls.
- Deploy shared workstations and fast user switching. OneSign offers solutions for shared workstations that include fast user switching between multiple, concurrent Windows desktops.
Technology for SSO, authentication and physical access in a single solution
In addition to single sign on technology, the OneSign platform includes OneSign Authentication Management - a component for easy integration of strong authentication devices - and the ability to tie an organizations' physical access system to network authentication.
Click here to learn more about single sign on technology now as well as security management, two factor authentication, identity management solutions, password policy management, single sign on server technology, SSO password solutions and more
Single Sign-On Technology Resources
Imprivata OneSign Technical Overview
lmprivata OneSign® is a complete Single Sign-On and Access Management solution that integrates strong authentication and single sign-on to provide a single point of authentication management, password policy and compliance reporting for all desktops and applications for any user, anywhere.
20 Practical Tips on Single Sign-On and Strong Authentication from Healthcare IT Professionals
This whitepaper features Imprivata customers who have successfully deployed Imprivata OneSign® Single Sign-On (SSO) and strong authentication at their hospitals to provide care providers with fast access to patient health information. These Healthcare IT professionals offer 20 valuable tips for successful procurement, implementation and deployment of SSO technology.
Request a Demo
Request a demonstration and learn more about Imprivata OneSign.
- More Solutions
- Enterprise SSO
- Fingerprint Biometrics
- Healthcare Access Management
- Healthcare Single Sign On
- HIPAA Compliance