Patient privacy monitoring
Protect personal health information with AI-powered event monitoring
Protecting patient privacy is not only the best thing do to – it’s the right thing to do.
Imprivata FairWarning provides the most comprehensive, most established privacy monitoring solution available by combining the power of artificial intelligence, behavioral analytics, and human expertise. Our industry-leading platform can help you tackle the full expanse of your challenges related to protected health information (PHI), including compliance, security, and violations.
US health systems monitored
Hours per week investigating privacy incidents
Patient data encounters analyzed per day
Comply with confidence
Healthcare providers are required to comply with the HIPAA Privacy Rule or subject themselves to penalties and potential criminal prosecution. Imprivata FairWarning Patient Privacy Intelligence helps you:
- Proactively monitor user activity to demonstrate reasonable safeguards in compliance with HIPAA, thus avoiding lawsuits, fines and headlines
- Save time with built-in, robust governance reporting
- Streamline patient and employee complaint investigations with our full-lifecycle platform for privacy and insider threat detection and incident management
- Meet the requirements of OCR corrective action plans
Protect patient privacy
For most healthcare organizations, protecting patient privacy is about more than compliance – it’s about trust. Imprivata FairWarning combines rules and AI to detect the full range of bad behavior to reduce risk and build patient trust.
Why partner with Imprivata to protect patient privacy?
- Imprivata knows what to look for to identify privacy violations. Our best practices, developed based on extensive experience, help customers detect the most common types of privacy violations such as snooping, inappropriate record modification, and data exfiltration
- Our artificial intelligence (AI) models, trained using the world’s largest and most extensive healthcare user activity data set, detect impermissible activity that is harder to predict but needs to be investigated
- We apply machine learning to the output from both detection approaches to tailor future output to your organization’s specific priorities and risk tolerance level
We see it in our data – Imprivata FairWarning helps customers prevent violations by fostering a culture of privacy. We work with you to encourage employees to responsibly access data resulting in greater patient security, increased trust in your system and greater job satisfaction, too.
Our team of experts, which includes the industry’s only in-house managed services team, can help you:
- Increase visibility and monitor activity
- Identify behaviors, individuals and departments that may need additional training
- Provide educational materials and training to close identified gaps
…All of which help build a culture of privacy.
Grow trust between patients and providers with patient privacy intelligence
FairWarning Patient Privacy Intelligence is a full lifecycle privacy monitoring platform that helps you establish a culture of privacy, security, and compliance to grow trust between your patients and providers.
Discover the benefits and key capabilities of FairWarning Patient Privacy Intelligence in this datasheet.
How FairWarning fulfills on HIPAA
The FairWarning solution assists customers in addressing key HIPAA requirements ranging from Security Management Process, Workforce Security, Security Awareness, Sanctions, Security Incident Procedures to many others. Many of the HIPAA requirements are problematic if not impossible to address without FairWarning.
Patient privacy intelligence: The intersection of compliance, legal and information security
This Whitepaper examines the critical capabilities of Patient Privacy Intelligence (PPI) required to meet the business and technical demands of modern care providers for regulatory compliance and information security.
Protect patient privacy by identifying users looking at records of coworkers, supervisors, household members, neighbors, or VIP patients not as part of treatment, payment or operations.
Uncover inappropriate record modification
Remove risk by finding users viewing, editing or cancelling their own records.
Detect data exfiltration
Prevent fraud and identity theft by detecting users exporting records without permission to do so.
Spot access by terminated users
Protect patient privacy and avoid fraud by catching former or inactive employees accessing clinical applications (or attempting to do so).
Identify compromised credentials
Avoid a breach early by identifying potentially stolen or misused credentials accessing records.
Discover anomalous behavior
Prevent major issues before they happen by leveraging AI to identify users acting sufficiently different from their peers or their own previous behavior.
A complete solution
Imprivata FairWarning Patient Privacy Intelligence can be combined with Imprivata FairWarning Managed Privacy Services, which can save you from the stress and effort of monitoring patient privacy and investigating potential violations.