Box Butte General Hospital To Share Best Practices on Single Sign-On and Strong Authentication at HIMSS Virtual Expo
Imprivata Customer to Present on Maximizing a Hosted Virtual Desktop in Preparation for the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
HIMSS Virtual Conference & Exhibition, Lexington, MA November 3, 2009— Imprivata®, Inc., the employee access management company and largest provider of healthcare single sign-on (SSO), today announced that its customer, Box Butte General Hospital (BBGH), will be presenting at this week’s HIMSS Virtual Conference & Exhibition, which takes place ovember 3-4th, 2009. This session will discuss how BBGH successfully deployed a comprehensive healthcare single sign-on (SSO) and strong authentication solution to reduce problems associated with password management and increase overall security at the hospital. This presentation will feature key members of the BBGH IT department and is open to all interested parties.
- Title: Preparing for ARRA: Using a Hosted Virtual Desktop Infrastructure to Improve Productivity and the User Experience
- Who: Tony Hindman, PC support technician, Box Butte General Hospital Mandy Whaley, network administrator, Box Butte General Hospital
- What: Members of the BBGH IT team will discuss how they solved their pressing security and password management issues by integrating SSO with a hosted virtual desktop environment. This comprehensive solution provides the hospital’s users with fast, secure and compliant access to the patient data they need, whenever and from wherever they need it. Hindman and Whaley will outline how the SSO and strong authentication deployment improved user convenience, increased security and reduced energy costs at BBGH. This panel will cover best practices for harnessing SSO in a hosted desktop environment as well as demonstrate key examples on enabling single sign-on for Healthland systems.
- When: Wednesday, November 4, 2009 from 9:00am – 10:00am CT
- Where: To register, please visit: http://www.himssvirtual.org/.
The 2009 HIMSS Virtual Conference & Exhibition, takes place November 3-4, 2009. For more information on HIMSS, please visit www.himss.org.