Imprivata Achieves Record Growth in 2010 with 38 Percent Increase Quarter over Quarter in Q4
Growth fueled by sharp increase in demand in healthcare, strong uptake of new products, geography and partner expansion
LEXINGTON, Mass. — January 25, 2011—Imprivata, the #1 independent single sign-on and access management provider for healthcare and other regulated industries, achieved record growth in 2010, with 30% year-over-year bookings growth and its most significant year-end numbers to date, reaching 38% percent total bookings growth and 96% services bookings growth quarter over quarter in Q4. Supported by industry recognition, the achievements were fueled by momentum within the healthcare sector, enhancements to the Imprivata OneSign® product line, geography expansion and new and evolving partnerships. Imprivata is well-poised to continue its role as the leader in single sign-on and access management in 2011, focused on the healthcare, government, financial services markets.
The company’s unprecedented growth can be largely attributed to a sharp increase in demand within the U.S. healthcare industry, where clinician access to electronic patient information has proven to be a critical enabler for meeting government requirements for Meaningful Use of electronic medical records (EMR). Similar shifts to electronic records in countries around the world also contributed to a significant spike in Imprivata’s healthcare customer base. With more than 1.2 million healthcare licenses, Imprivata is accelerating EMR adoption amongst clinicians through fast, secure access to patient information, regardless of location. Its signature product, Imprivata OneSign, simplifies and streamlines access and authentication workflows, addressing the challenges that come with accessing patient information in various locations while meeting government regulations.
“2010 was an outstanding year by all accounts, particularly in light of how market demands and our solutions are aligning,” said Omar Hussain, president and CEO of Imprivata. “The real opportunity lies ahead, as more and more hospitals in the U.S. look to accelerate EMR adoption and healthcare providers around the world are driven to provide fast and secure access to electronic health records.”
The following developments helped fuel Imprivata’s 2010 record growth:
Industry Recognition – Third party organizations clearly defined Imprivata as the number one healthcare single sign-on (SSO) and access management solution:
- Number one SSO product in the KLAS “2010 Single Sign-On: To Identity Management and Beyond Report”
- SSO Category Leader in the “2010 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Professional Services” report
- Top 100 Health-Care Vendor by CRN Magazine.
The Company was also deemed a SSO and authentication leader and innovator across industries with the following accolades:
- The highest rating in the Gartner’s 2010 ESSO Marketscope
- Best Biometric solution by SC Magazine
- “Security Innovation of the Year” by the British Computing Society.
Product Innovation – In 2010 Imprivata released four major new product innovations:
- Imprivata OneSign 4.5 – a new release of Imprivata’s flagship product with enhancements that include: strong authentication for Citrix and RDP sessions, expanded support for virtualized desktops and FIPS 140-2 compliance
- OneSign Virtual Desktop Access extends authentication management and single sign-on features to virtual desktop infrastructure
- OneSign Secure Walk Away – security for unattended desktops
- Privacy Alert detects and deters snooping and unauthorized or inappropriate access of medical records, protecting patient privacy.
Organizational Expansion and Developments – A longstanding leader in North America and Western Europe, Imprivata extended its presence to the Middle East in October 2010. The Company also launched a dedicated federal government division, designed to support the government’s unique authentication and access management needs. Imprivata also bolstered its management team with the following appointments:
- Barry Chaiken, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, 2009-10 Board Chair of the Health Information Management and Systems Society (HIMSS)
- Ed Gaudet, Chief Marketing Officer, who brings invaluable experience in information technology and product management and marketing
- Jim Whalen, Vice President of North America Healthcare, with a proven track record in building high-performance sales organizations within the healthcare sector.
Partnerships - The company’s strong partnerships with market leaders have also played a key role in its rapid growth over the past 12 month.
- VMware and Imprivata announced a partnership to secure data and improve productivity via one-touch “follow me” desktops with SSO and extended strong authentication
- Cerner, Eclipsys, McKesson, MEDITECH and Siemens Healthcare have all adopted Imprivata’s unique OneSign ProveID™ to offer their customers Transactional Authentication for e-Prescribing, ensuring a clinician is re-authenticated when entering a prescription and the presence of an audit trail.
Customer Recommendations – Imprivata customer recommendations demonstrate the increasing business value of SSO and authentication:
- “With a technology infrastructure delivering 64 applications to our staff, including our most mission critical application, GE's Centricity EMR, user authentication is a primary concern, requiring adequate security, and efficiency so as not to be detrimental to our primary goal of delivering high quality and efficient healthcare to our patients in a timely manner,” said Gary Wright, CIO at MIMA. “Today, clinicians in all of our 15 locations are able to focus more time on patient care without compromising the security of our organization.”
- “With Imprivata OneSign, we have deployed a system that allows clinicians fast access to Healthland and other applications,” said Kristi Roose, Mahaska Health Partnership Director of IT. “This means that they can more effectively serve patients, from any location, and at the same time address all compliance requirements of HIPAA and HITECH mandates for access control.”
- “Our clinicians love the fact that they can access all the data they need in one step. Whether they are using McKesson Paragon, Horizon or other applications, they can access patient data and handle charting at the bedside,” explains Ed Meyer, IT Director at Spencer Municipal Hospital. “Not only does this improve productivity, but it also leads to better patient care.”
- “Ensuring clinical staff can access healthcare information as quickly and efficiently as possible to make decisions about patient care should be a priority for any NHS organization, however not at the risk of information security,” said James Norman, Associate Director of Information Management and Technology, George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust. “With Imprivata OneSign, clinicians can get to the data they need with minimum fuss, helping the Trust deliver better levels of care to our patients.”
With more than one million healthcare users, Imprivata is the #1 independent provider of single sign-on and access management solutions for healthcare, government, finance and other regulated industries. By strengthening user authentication, streamlining application access and simplifying compliance reporting across multiple computing environments, customers realize improved workflows, increased security and compliance with government regulations.
Imprivata has received numerous product awards and top review ratings from leading industry publications and analysts, including a Strong Positive rating in Gartner’s 2010 ESSO Marketscope, the #1 ranking in the KLAS SSO Performance report and the #1 rating in 2010 Best in KLAS and Category Leaders report. Headquartered in Lexington, Mass., Imprivata partners with over 200 resellers, and serves the access security needs of more than 1,100 customers around the world. For more information, please visit www.imprivata.com or follow us on Twitter at @Imprivata.
Imprivata is a registered trademark of Imprivata, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All Imprivata products are trademarks of Imprivata, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All other product or company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.