Imprivata OneSign the Leading Single Sign-On Solution for More Than 75 NHS Trusts
Healthcare Organisations Across the UK Turn to Imprivata For Improved Security and Streamlined Clinician Access to Patient Data
LEXINGTON, MA – 9 November 2009 - Imprivata®, Inc., the employee access management company, today announced that over 30 percent of all NHS Acute Care Trusts and 10 percent of all NHS Primary Care Trusts have chosen Imprivata OneSign as the healthcare single sign-on choice for the NHS to drive employee productivity, whilst improving data security and delivering better levels of patient care. UK healthcare organisations, including East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust, University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire, Oldham NHS, George Eliot Hospital NHS and Hillingdon Hospital are among the latest trusts to improve the speed and efficiency at which clinical staff can access data.
More than 75 NHS Trusts in the UK have selected OneSign as the de-facto solution to improve IT security and to streamline clinician access to sensitive patient information. CIO’s within the healthcare sector recognise the vast experience and success that Imprivata has had in delivering solutions within the NHS, helping to minimise the risk involved in such an important deployment. Additionally, unlike many competitor offerings, OneSign is implemented via a single hardware appliance, capable of supporting disparate infrastructures, making it the ideal choice for the modern NHS working environment.
“Healthcare access management continues to be one of the key IT considerations within the NHS as trusts look to continually improve patient care by helping clinicians be more productive through streamlined access to IT systems,” said Omar Hussain, CEO and President, Imprivata. “OneSign has become a name synonymous with quality healthcare technology and Imprivata looks forward to continuing our relationship with NHS Trusts across the UK as we both strive for more intelligent IT that benefits both end-user and patient alike.”
Imprivata OneSign simplifies clinician authentication to applications and makes it easier for care providers to access patient data. OneSign easily integrates with healthcare applications and user workflows and includes support for shared workstations, roaming desktops, fast user switching, a broad range of integrated strong authentication options and password policy implementation and management. OneSign delivers seamless and convenient access to all enterprise applications and patient data at NHS trusts across the UK, allowing IT staff within NHS organisations to:
- Enable quick single sign-on access for all local and NHS Spine applications, removing the need for separate log-on credentials for each individual system;
- Easily assign users with access to authorised applications and data via single sign-on, freeing up helpdesk resources by providing users with local access to reset their own passwords locally;
- Provide fast-user switching on shared workstations, allowing clinical staff to access their Windows desktop session without having to log on and off each time a user switch occurs;
- Effortlessly deploy and manage the appropriate strong authentication device for different users, including the all versions of the NHS Smartcard, biometrics, active/passive proximity and one time password tokens;
- Audit all clinician access events centrally, across disparate systems in real time, providing IT staff with a complete trail of who accessed what, when and from where, simplifying Information Governance compliance and reporting processes;
- Enabling clinical contexting along with SSO to enable clinicians to access patient data that is typically held in multiple applications. This significantly improves the speed at which clinicians can access a patient’s information, allowing them to more quickly make decisions on an individual, ultimately improving the levels of clinical care.
“Keeping patient data safe and secure is a top priority for us, however, in order for clinical staff to be as productive as possible, we need to find a balance between security and accessibility,” said Kevin Fitzgerald, IT Director, Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust. “Locked-out users are a drain on IT resources and on productivity; with Imprivata OneSign we have the solution we need to keep employees connected and productive, helping achieve better levels of patient care.”
To assist NHS organisations in piloting and adopting this technology that has already brought significant benefit to Trusts across the country, Imprivata has launched a pilot package offering a limited number of licenses at a fixed fee. For general information on Imprivata’s pilot programme, please visit: http://www.imprivata.com/nhs_trust
Imprivata secures employee access to desktops, networks, applications and transactions. Its appliance-based, employee access management platform, OneSign, enables organizations to protect enterprise information assets while improving user productivity. By strengthening user authentication, streamlining application access and simplifying compliance reporting across multiple computing environments, customers realize substantial IT Help Desk and administration cost savings, while achieving the security standards they demand.
Imprivata is a recognized leader in Authentication and Access Management, receiving numerous product awards and top review ratings from leading industry publications and analysts. Headquartered in Lexington, Mass., Imprivata partners with over 200 resellers, and serves the access security needs of more than 800 customers around the world. For more information, please visit www.imprivata.com.
# # #
Imprivata is a registered trademark of Imprivata, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All other product or company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.