Strategic Analysis of Global Healthcare Biometrics Market – new market research report
Consolidation in the industry is expected to continue, with major companies taking over small companies in order to grow business and smaller companies looking for stable partners in order to survive in the competitive market. Besides these mergers and acquisitions, vendors have realized the significance of strategic partnerships with global participants as evidenced by the following developments:
- The ISO (International Standards Organization) and IEC (International Electro Technical Commission) put out a new standard to ensure security of personal and sensitive biometric data processed online.
- In February of 2011, Lumidigm and Imprivata partnered to deliver an integrated solution for healthcare clinicians to provide reliable and quick access to EMR applications even while wearing surgical gloves. Lumidigm also partnered with Verimetrics to deliver a leading biometric single sign-on solution for applications such as hospitals, emergency response vehicles, and retail stores.
- In July of 2011, SAFRAN finalized the acquisition of L-1 Identity Solutions, Inc.. This acquisition has strengthened SAFRAN's position in the biometrics market and in August , BIO-key International, Inc. signed an agreement to acquire fingerprint manufacturer Montreal-based S.I.C. Biometrics Inc.
- In September of 2011, Nuance Communications, Inc. closed the acquisition of Loquendo. This will help the company to offer a broad, and high-quality portfolio of solutions.
- Also in September of 2011, Biometric Signature ID, Inc. entered into a partnership with Valtech to provide solutions that would greatly enhance the online security of its worldwide customers.