Imprivata Maintains its Healthcare Leadership Position as an Increasing Number of Hospitals Rely on OneSign for its Single Sign-On and Strong Authentication
Leading Provider of Identity and Access Management Solutions Adds 109 Healthcare Customers in 2007 Unveils Full Agenda of Events at HIMSS 2008
HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition, Orlando, FLA. Booth 1738 - February 25, 2008 - Imprivata, Inc., the converged identity and access management appliance company, today announced its continued momentum within the healthcare industry. Over the course of 2007, the company increased its healthcare customer based by 68 percent over the previous year, bringing the total number of healthcare user licenses to 412,000 at year end. Imprivata today also announced its full schedule of events for this year's HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition, which includes the first live product demonstrations of OneSign 4.0 and presentations from marquee customers including Lake Forest Hospital and Parkview Adventist Medical Center.
If 2007 showed us one thing, it was that more and more healthcare organizations are realizing the role that single sign-on solutions play in helping to ensure not just the integrity of all vital information, but in improving staff productivity as well, said Omar Hussain, president and CEO of Imprivata. Over the past 12 months, Imprivata has been able to exceed the expectations of these customers, establishing us as the leading provider of authentication and access management solutions in the healthcare industry. OneSign has been proven to be a reliable, convenient platform in a wide variety of settings and situations, which combined with our reputation for exemplary service, makes Imprivata a healthcare identity and access management partner of choice.
Over the course of 2007, Imprivata announced deployments with leading organizations including The Henry Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Medicine, H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Hackensack University Medical Center. In the first eight weeks of 2008, Imprivata has noted several key new healthcare customer implementations, including:
- Melbourne Internal Medicine Associates (MIMA): Imprivata partner, Tribridge helped the largest multi-specialty group practice in central Florida, MIMA to roll out Imprivata OneSign Single Sign-On (SSO) to 15 locations serving 1,100 employees including clinical, diagnostic and administrative departments.
- OhioHealth: OhioHealth's Dublin Methodist Hospital implemented Imprivata's OneSign Single Sign-On (SSO) to provide secure on-line access to digital information. The facility also uses Imprivata's ProveID to meet requirements from the Ohio Board of Pharmacy by providing two-factor authentication for controlled drug prescription orders at the point of the actual transaction.
- United Regional Healthcare: United Regional looked to Imprivata and CDW to help solve the password management frustrations its staff had been experiencing as new applications and login policies were added to their everyday routines.
- Lake Forest Hospital: Lake Forest Hospital, with help from CDW, implemented OneSign Single Sign-On to minimize costly password resets, improve helpdesk productivity and provide physicians and staff simple and secure access to the applications they need each day to deliver the highest levels of quality care.
At this week's HIMSS show, the Imprivata team, along with its partners and customers, look forward to engaging in one-on-one discussions around the key industry issues. Key highlights of Imprivata's agenda at HIMSS include:
- Imprivata Booth Demonstrations: Located in booth 1738, Imprivata will be conducting ongoing demonstrations of OneSign 4.0, the newest version of the company's identity and access management solution. In addition to its own booth, Imprivata will also have a presence in partner booths including: CareFx (Booth 2677), CDW (Booth 1420), Cerner (Booth 5763), Courion (Booth 3414), Motion Computing (Booth 2050) and Forward Advantage (Booth 1540).
- Bill McQuaid, Parkview Adventist Medical Center Presentation: Imprivata customer Bill McQuaid, the CIO and assistant VP at Parkview Adventist Medical Center, will be presenting a case study titled, Protecting Patient Data: Hospital Shares Its Secrets and Tells All. The session will be held on Tuesday, February 26, from 1:00 to 2:00pm in the convention center room 207 A-C.
- Josh Rosales: Lake Forest Hospital: Imprivata customer Josh Rosales, the MIS Administrator at Lake Forest Hospital, will be speaking on the topic of Single Sign-in for Relief from Password Headaches. The session will be held on Wednesday, February 27, from 4:15pm to 5:00pm. In the Orange County Center, Clinical Informatics Theatre, Booth# 8381.
Version 4.0 extends OneSign's identity-centric access and authentication services across system and geographic boundaries with complete distributed management, delegated administration and business continuity capabilities. OneSign's integrated authentication management, single sign-on and physical/logical convergence functionalities can now be implemented in a fully-distributed enterprise environment.
A single centralized employee IT access policy can determine every aspect of access across all users, all rights, all locations and all conditions. OneSign 4.0 delivers these capabilities with the industry's most easy-to-use and deploy solution without requiring changes to existing IT and physical access infrastructures.
Imprivata is the converged Identity and Access Management (IAM) appliance company. Its OneSign platform helps organizations safeguard enterprise information assets by enabling secure employee access to networks and applications?improving user productivity and convenience, while reducing the time, risk and cost of complying with data privacy and protection regulations. OneSign has received top ratings in product reviews throughout the industry and has been awarded numerous accolades from leading publications including Information Security, InfoWorld and SC Magazine. Headquartered in Lexington, Mass., Imprivata is one of the fastest growing IAM companies with more than 500 customers and over 200 partners around the world.For more information, visit http://www.imprivata.com.
# # #
Imprivata is a registered trademark of Imprivata, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All other product or company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.