Imprivata Raises the Bar for Fast and Secure Access to Applications with OneSign 4.5
New Features Solve Workflow and Security Challenges in Windows 7 Environment
LEXINGTON, Mass.—Aug. 2, 2010—Imprivata®, Inc., the company that simplifies and secures user access, today announced the general availability of Imprivata OneSign 4.5. With breakthrough features such as OneSign Secure Walk-Away, and capabilities such as strong authentication for Citrix and RDP sessions, enhanced support for virtualized desktops and FIPS 140-2 compliance, the new release solves the critical workflow and security challenges organizations face by strengthening user authentication, streamlining application access and simplifying compliance reporting.
“Imprivata OneSign has grown to the point that our users see it as another service we offer to make their lives easier,” said Jack Thompson, senior customer support tech, Southwest Washington Medical Center. “When your product is able to provide security and productivity at the same time, you’re doing something right.”
IMPROVED END-USER WORKFLOW
OneSign 4.5 delivers enhancements to many of the existing features that have made the product the leader in its category, and introduces new features that change the way organizations think about secure access to applications.
- Automatic Desktop Locking via OneSign Secure Walk-Away uses intelligent computer vision technology with active presence detection to secure unattended desktops without changing end-user behavior. This removes the security burden from the user and reduces the time and frustration associated with logging on/off of applications. Secure Walk-Away is particularly useful in healthcare, where clinicians who constantly log on/off of electronic medical records (EMR) and other applications are now free to focus on improving patient care rather than IT security.
- One-touch Roaming and Location Awareness enables desktops to follow users throughout the organization, making the electronic data they need available to them wherever they are with just the touch of a finger or the tap of a proximity card. Imprivata OneSign can be configured to be fully location aware, meaning application, default printer and user privileges are configured dynamically based on the particular workstation being accessed by the user. Imprivata OneSign complements desktop virtualization from VMware View and Oracle Sun Ray, by adding the capabilities to enable secure roaming including strong authentication, single sign-on (SSO), session management and location-aware desktop personalization and customization.
INCREASED IT SECURITY
- Transparent Screen Locking secures a computer desktop from unauthorized access while at the same time maintaining the desktop/applications’ visibility for monitoring purposes. This feature is critical to healthcare, where particular sessions must be locked, while patient status remains visible to care givers.
- Enhanced Transaction-based Authentication supports additional workflows through OneSign ProveID, Imprivata’s unique feature being used by leading EMR vendors for ePrescribing.
- Fingerprint Identification Enhancements enable scalability to accommodate the largest organizations.
ENHANCED DELIVERY/PACKAGING OPTIONS
- The OneSign Virtual Appliance is a self contained software implementation of the OneSign server that is functionally equivalent to the hardware appliance. OneSign virtual appliances are formatted using the industry standard Open Virtualization Format (OVF). Heterogeneous enterprises can be deployed with both virtual and hardware OneSign Appliances.
- FIPS 140-2 compliance
- Windows 7 support
“Improving user productivity and securing data are inherently competing goals,” commented Omar Hussain, president and CEO at Imprivata. “As our customers rely increasingly on fast access to digital data to be successful, security and compliance requirements across industries around the world are making access to that data more and more difficult. Imprivata has earned its leadership position by anticipating customer needs and continuing to deliver new and unique technologies that simplify and secure access to corporate data. Imprivata OneSign 4.5 is the latest proof that user productivity and IT security do not have to be mutually exclusive.”
Centrally managed from a single administrative console, Imprivata OneSign secures access across Windows, host-based, Citrix and virtual desktop environments. OneSign empowers organizations to balance the need for stronger security with improved user workflow and productivity. The solution also reduces the time and complexity of complying with regulated access control requirements and password management costs that consume IT help desk resources.
Imprivata is the leading independent vendor focused on simplifying and securing user access. By strengthening user authentication, streamlining application access and simplifying compliance reporting across multiple computing environments, customers realize substantial IT helpdesk and administration cost savings, while achieving the security standards they demand.
Imprivata has received numerous product awards and top review ratings from leading industry publications and analysts. Headquartered in Lexington, Mass., Imprivata partners with over 200 resellers, and serves the access security needs of more than 1,000 customers around the world. For more information, please visit www.imprivata.com.
Imprivata is a registered trademark of Imprivata, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All other product or company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
RSS Feed to Imprivata News: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ImprivataNews
Follow Imprivata on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Imprivata