Spencer Hospital to Discuss Improving Physician Efficiency with Imprivata OneSign at McKesson Insight Annual Conference
Imprivata Customer to Present on Implementing Single Sign-On and Biometric Authentication in a Clinical Setting
LEXINGTON, MA—September 13, 2010—Imprivata®, Inc., the company that simplifies and secures user access, announced today that its customer, Spencer Hospital, will be presenting next week at the McKesson Insight 2010 Annual Conference, taking place September 14 - 17, 2010 in Denver, CO. Spencer Hospital will discuss how it is successfully leveraging Imprivata OneSign in a McKesson environment to balance the security and convenience needs of its staff. The session will provide strategic insight for McKesson customers on how to incorporate strong authentication and single sign-on to strengthen security and increase productivity.
- Title: Imprivata Single Sign On (SSO) Implementation and Functionality with Paragon
- Who: Ed Meyer, Director of IT, Spencer Hospital
- What: In the course of daily rounds, Spencer Hospital’s doctors and nurses access a variety of applications and Web sites via PCs in patient rooms. These include McKesson Paragon, Horizon Medical Imaging, and a number of vendor- and government-hosted sites providing healthcare -related information and resources. To satisfy security and HIPAA requirements, Spencer Hospital implemented Imprivata OneSign, combined with fingerprint biometrics, to simplify and secure access to patient data. Ed Meyer will discuss best practices for implementing Imprivata OneSign for use in a clinical setting with Paragon, and will discuss how it improves physician efficiency at the bedside by automating log-in using biometric authentication. Attendees will also hear a brief overview of how applications are configured for use with SSO and what limitations Spencer Hospital encountered while evaluating applications.
- When: Thursday, September 16, 2010 from 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. MT
- Where: McKesson InSight Conference, Colorado Convention Center, Denver, CO
With over 500 hospitals and 1 million+ healthcare users, Imprivata is the leading independent vendor focused on simplifying and securing access to electronic patient health information. By making patient data easily accessible, enforcing patient privacy and deploying transparent security, customers improve clinician workflow while achieving the security standards they demand.
Imprivata has received numerous product awards and top review ratings from leading industry publications and analysts. Headquartered in Lexington, Mass., Imprivata partners with over 200 resellers, and serves the access security needs of more than 1,000 customers around the world. For more information, please visit www.imprivata.com.
# # #
Imprivata is a registered trademark of Imprivata, Inc. in the USA and other countries. All other product or company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
RSS Feed to Imprivata News: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ImprivataNews
Follow Imprivata on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Imprivata