Ensure HIPAA compliance with single sign-on
For healthcare organizations, compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and other regulations can be a significant drain on resources and budgets. Among other things, HIPAA compliance requires healthcare organizations to put mechanisms in place to control access to patient data, and this kind of password and access management infrastructure can be costly and complex. However, single sign-on (SSO) technology can simplify HIPAA compliance, but many solutions are difficult to implement and maintain, causing them to be costly to deploy and manage. For an SSO access solution that not only ensures HIPAA compliance but drives down help desk costs as well, a growing number of companies are turning to Imprivata OneSign Single Sign-On.
Imprivata provides innovative SSO for HIPAA compliance
The Imprivata OneSign platform -- Imprivata's award-winning appliance-based solution for employee access management -- includes Imprivata OneSign Single Sign-On that enables healthcare organizations to easily and affordably address HIPAA compliance requirements. Imprivata OneSign makes users' lives easier by removing the responsibility of remembering and periodically changing multiple passwords, and it increases the effectiveness of security controls required for HIPAA compliance. As an appliance-based solution, Imprivata OneSign is easy to install, configure and deploy, and requires no scripting or changes to applications or directories.
Simplify and reduce cost of compliance with HIPAA and more
Imprivata OneSign simplifies compliance with healthcare regulations like HIPAA, at an affordable total cost of ownership (TCO). With Imprivata OneSign you can:
- Simplify compliance. Imprivata OneSign delivers built-in monitoring and detailed audit logs documenting user attempts and access, and password changes. With detailed logs and reports you can refine security policies and enforce compliance across all healthcare access events including - who, from where, when and how users access application and patient information.
- Support strong authentication in a healthcare environment. Beyond management of passwords, Imprivata OneSign supports the implementation and ongoing management of a wide variety of authentication devices for greater password security and management. These include options such as, finger biometric authentication, proximity cards, smart cards, one-time password (OTP) tokens and other two-factor authentication methods.
- Automate policy - for user, group and machine level security.
- Imprivata OneSign automates the implementation of password policy. It allows for the creation of strong and unique passwords to ensure compliance and privacy of data. It can enable a forced password change automatically in the background to achieve tighter security, and eliminate the breaches that result when users jot passwords down on sticky notes affixed to their work stations. Policy can be quickly and easily set at the user, group or machine level for greater security regardless of the environment where patient data is accessed.
- Enable all applications for SSO. Imprivata OneSign provides single sign-on to all healthcare information system (HIS) and non-clinical applications - whether they are served up via the Web, or are client/server, hosted, or mainframe applications. Imprivata OneSign integrates seamlessly with Meditech, Cerner, McKesson, Epic, Eclipsys, Siemens, Healthland, IDX, and more. And it enables Roaming Sessions and Personalized Drive-Mapping by extending Imprivata OneSign events to launch an unlimited set of critical applications.
- Enable applications out of the box. Imprivata OneSign's intelligent Application Profile Generator technology enables easy SSO implementation of all clinical and non-clinical applications. With Imprivata OneSign, there is no need for custom scripting or complex integration strategies.
- Protect patient data. With a redundant pair configuration and automatic system backups, Imprivata OneSign provides seamless failover that ensures continuous security of patient data.
- Easy integration. Imprivata OneSign can be easily integrated with provisioning and context management systems to ensure a complete identity management solution.