Tips and Tricks for selecting Strong Authentication
Strong authentication can come in a variety of forms, each with it's own unique strengths and weaknesses. Before selecting a type of strong authentication, think about the following:
- Make sure that the technology you select can be easily managed centrally
- Check that the vendor supports multiple types of Strong Authentication technologies, so that is easy to mix and match different types with a single installation and policy. In many cases a single type of Strong Authentication technology is not enough to cover an entire organization, as different groups of users may need different types.
- Make sure you understand the strengths and weaknesses of each approach and that it fits into your overall security needs.
- Ask what happens if a device is lost or stolen, how easy is it for the user to continue working until the device is replaced?
- Ask how each technology fits into the 3 categories of multi-factor authentication, something you have (device), something you know (PIN # or Password), something you are (biometric).
For more information on different types of strong authentication and a comparison of strengths and weaknesses, please view the pre-recorded webinar by clicking on the following URL: http://www.imprivata.com/content12349.html