Imprivata to Showcase New Innovations that Advance Healthcare IT Security at 2015 HIMSS Annual Conference
Lexington, Mass.—April 6, 2015—Imprivata®, the healthcare IT security company, will unveil new technologies at the 2015 HIMSS Annual Conference & Exhibition (April 12-15, 2015 in Chicago) that will advance the company’s leadership position in delivering innovative authentication products for healthcare. At HIMSS15, Imprivata will also showcase its current portfolio of leading solutions for authentication, access management, secure communications, and secure signing for electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS) in in booth #3848. To schedule a meeting or product demonstration with Imprivata, please visit http://www.imprivata.com/himss15.
In addition, several Imprivata customers will present as part of the HIMSS15 conference education program, including:
- NorthShore University HealthSystem will deliver a presentation titled “Improving Patient Safety and Provider Satisfaction with EPCS” (session ID: 159) on Wednesday, April 15 at 11:30 a.m. CT. The presentation will focus on the strategies and technologies—including fingerprint biometric authentication—implemented by NorthShore to enable EPCS to streamline order workflow, reduce patient wait times for prescriptions, reduce prescription errors, and improve provider and patient satisfaction.
- Beaufort Memorial Hospital will deliver a presentation titled “Improving Clinical Workflows with Fast Access & Communication” (session ID: KC45) as part of the Mobile Health Knowledge Center on Tuesday, April 14 at 3:15 p.m. CT. The presentation will focus on Beaufort Memorial’s use of Imprivata OneSign® to improve EMR and CPOE adoption by delivering fast, secure access to clinical applications and virtual desktops, as well as its initiative to improve clinical workflows and productivity with Imprivata Cortext® for fast, secure communication across any mobile device or desktop.
Imprivata will also participate in a panel discussion titled “Advancing Care with Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)” on Tuesday, April 14 at 3:45 p.m. CT at the Surescripts booth (#1878). Sean Kelly, MD, Imprivata chief medical officer and emergency physician at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and David Ting, Imprivata founder and chief technology officer, will join Surescripts in a discussion about the challenges facing providers and pharmacy professionals in the adoption of EPCS technology, the tools available to help these stakeholders understand both federal and state requirements of EPCS, and how key healthcare stakeholders can collaborate to support adoption of EPCS.
In addition, Imprivata customers will lead presentations in the Imprivata booth (#3848) to highlight their use of Imprivata’s solutions to deliver fast, secure access to clinical applications and virtual desktops, improved communications and care coordination, and to meet compliance and workflow requirements for EPCS. Customer presentations include:
- Replacing Pagers and Improving HCAHPS Scores with Secure Messaging (Greg Slattery, Community Hospitals and Wellness Centers)
- Simplifying Access to EpicCare and Improving CPOE Adoption with Single Sign-On (Joe Thompson, Aspirus)
- Implementing Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (Mike Gillin, Southampton Hospital)
- 5 Steps to Improving Patient Safety and Satisfaction with Secure Messaging (Tom Calo and Birgit Koelhmer, Saint Mary’s Hospital)
- The Unified Clinical Desktop, Transforming Healthcare through Provider Experience (Jeremy Marut and Brian Benson, Hackensack University Medical Center)
Imprivata’s solutions will also be on display in a number of partner booths during HIMSS15, including:
- AppSense (3378)
- Barco (8318)
- Capsule Tech (455)
- Cerner (913)
- Citrix (1645)
- Connexall USA (3302)
- Coretek Services (3380)
- Curaspan (8339)
- Dell (955)
- Forward Advantage (6212)
- Hospedia (8318)
- HP (2238)
- IGEL (8559)
- Jetmobile Americas (5643)
- MEDHOST (1817)
- RF IDeas (3441)
- Samsung (7523)
- VMware (2268)
Imprivata (NYSE: IMPR), the healthcare IT security company, is a leading provider of authentication and access management solutions for the healthcare industry. Imprivata delivers single sign-on, authentication management and secure communications solutions to enable fast, secure and more efficient access to healthcare information technology systems to address multiple security challenges and improve provider productivity for better focus on the patient experience. For more information, please visit www.imprivata.com.