Healthcare IT is a dynamic, fast-growing, ever-changing industry. Healthcare IT professionals need to evaluate evolving solutions based on those solutions’ abilities to meet clinical and compliance requirements, keep costs down, and most importantly - benefit patients.
The ‘Hot Topics’ section provides context and insight on some of the important problems that the healthcare industry faces. These problems include:
- An epidemic of prescription drug abuse.
- A deluge of restrictive passwords, tightening regulations, and old-fashioned computer systems.
- A lagging, old-fashioned communications system.
We provide solutions-focused coverage of these issues:
- The drug abuse epidemic can, and should, be addressed by introducing effective systems for electronic prescribing of controlled substances (EPCS).
- Aging IT infrastructures can be revolutionized and replaced by Desktop Virtualization.
- Inefficient communication problems can be eradicated by modern, secure messaging systems.